Phoenixxx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Phoenixxx

Forum for those who want to roleplay their undisclosed desires.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Erik
Admin

Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby   Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby - Page 3 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 2:39 am

When Emmanuel was passing the door by, Jake extended his hand to catch the other teen's, so they would... merge? What was it anyway? So he could find another 'piece' of the telepath's psyche, lost in this memory? But he didn't manage to do it, because Emmanuel noticed his attempt and wanted to catch the attacker and throw him over his shoulder... He had no idea that the briefest touch was enough to trigger what Jake wanted to accomplish and when their skin touched, his eyes changed into orbs of blue light and his whole body lost its tangiblity, becoming more and more ghostly until he disappeared dispersed by the winds of change. The same phenomenon changed the scenery around the young mutant, destroying the Whites' mansion and rebuilding something else entirely...

Jake was, along many other people, on a gigantic area - a ball perhaps? Everyone was in their best clothes, and realizing that he shouldn't stand out so much as he did right now, his subconscious stopped maintaining his ruby self and changed his sport clothes into the finest and richest suit he could think of. He looked elegant and handsome, without a doubt. He looked around, but it was very hard to make out anything when there were so many people there! Jake could feel his power almost overloading by all the emotions he was absorbing... all the excitement, hidden lust, anger, annoyance, jealousy. A cute waiter came to him and smiled, "Anything to drink, sir?" He asked, offering him a champagne flute . But the young mutant could rely on something else than his sight... his subconscious feeling. And something was telling him that something was about to happen here. A lot would happen here. And many mutants were involved in it! Somehow, his mind felt their presence... though he couldn't quite make out which emotions were theirs and who they were exactly. Thanks to his determination, however, he managed to block out some of the 'weak emotions', focusing on places where they were strongest. He looked at one of the groups where he felt them rising - some rich men were arguing over something, then another group, some young women were excited about something, and then he knew it was what he was looking for. An uneasy group of teenagers, where almost everyone felt down... This included a guy with brown shoulder-length hair in an elegant suit, a cute Arabian boy who looked totally out of place and felt in the same way, a self-confident blond-haired teenager, a beautiful blond-haired girl in a pink dress, a... what? a pink-haired girl! and another girl who left her group. She was attractive, not overly so, but still attractive with brown long hair and in a grey dress covering her whole arms. Then he noticed another one - a group full of mixed feelings. A very tall and dangerously-looking redhead looked about herself, her companion, another girl with shortish auburn hair was emanating a strange aura of self-confidence, so powerful that she shone like a beacon in this room! Then there was a red-haired teenager, whose feelings were those of anxiety and guilt. The brown-haired girl in the long-sleeve dress approached him. And quickly another one did... and this is where Jake felt really weird! His powers somehow were saying that her aura was very unusual! He could not feel her emotions... but he felt they were extremely strong and almost overwhelming!
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixxx.niceboard.net
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby   Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby - Page 3 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 3:05 am

Jake was scared at first as he failed to grab Emmanuel, but the reaction had the same effect anyways and as Emmanuel grabbed him, they faded away, moving on to whatever was next. Jake hoped this would end soon, and not continue forever.

The new place was.. amazing. Equally amazing was Jake's ability to make himself fit in. He caught a reflection in a mirror and he felt he looked pretty good. Sexy even. It made him grin cockily to himself.

The waiter came up and Jake accepted the champagne, giving the waiter a slightly flirtatious smile. It was a bit of a party, after all, a particularly fancy one. But Jake had a mission, he had to track down Emmanuel.

The strange groups of people caught his attention, however, particularly the amazingly beautiful women. If Jake had been attracted to women, he surely would have been in love at first sight, but he could still certainly appreciate her beauty. And more curiously, he couldn't seem to sense her emotions at all, which was quite strange.

Slowly, Jake made his way through the party, sensing emotions here and there, but with one thing in mind - keeping an eye out for Emmanuel.
Back to top Go down
Erik
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby   Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby - Page 3 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 3:21 am

The blond-haired perfect girl approached the red-haired teenager and his companion - a brown-haired girl and quickly broke their conversation, taking the boy away and whispering something to him. And then... Jake felt it. That strange feeling emanating from the girl - not really her emotins but they were fleeting her and going directly into the boy's mind, overwhelming his own. He understood it now... she was an empath too! That is why he felt that her emotions - her powers! - were overwhelmingly powerful, but couldn't make out any specific emotion! It seemed that she was trying to change his attitude and control him with her power. To what end, however, he could not tell. Neither did he know the future, nor was he close enough to hear what they were talking about. He was right when he first thought that there were mutants here...

Still no sign of Emmanuel, however. He did notice that the cute Arab was talking to the pink-haired girl and he was very nervous about something. Also he saw the longer-haired guy look around as if making sure nobody saw what he was doing. He didn't do anything suspicious, just looked into the shadows. What was wrong with that...? or rather, what was wrong with him? He wasn't talking to anyone, just looking into the shadows as if something very interesting was there!

The brown-haired girl whose confidence Jake still felt in himself, looked around and moved with incredible grace to grab a drink - which was already falling down - and managed to do it without spilling it! She smiled at other guests and as if nothing happened drank it. Her friend, the big and mean-looking redhead just shook her head and sent a suspicious - no! a furious - glare in the 'shadow-boy's direction.
Back to top Go down
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby   Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby - Page 3 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 3:27 am

Jake continued to watch everything curiously. Still no sign of Emmanuel, which was starting to make him a little nervous, as well as realizing the fact that there might be several other mutants here.. and even another Empath who seemed very powerful.

He started to wander towards her to see if he could eavesdrop on what she and the guy were talking about, but the guy looking at the shadows distracted him, and instead Jake casually strolled over, wondering if he could see or figure out what the shadow guy was looking at and why the other guy was glaring at him.
Back to top Go down
Erik
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby   Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby - Page 3 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 3:35 am

The other empath stopped pouring her emotions into the redhead and just smiled at him, it seemed she was quite pleased with the result. She continued talking with him, while Jake made his way towars the guy looking right into the shadows. Even when he was very close to him, he didn't see anything out of ordinary. Normal shadows. Nothing special, but the boy was completely focused on... whatever he was doing. Was he another mutant?

Last edited by Erik on Wed May 12, 2010 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby   Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby - Page 3 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 3:37 am

The shadow guy kind of started to creep Jake out, and Jake didn't see anything in the shadows, so he just passed on by, finishing off his glass of champagne and still looking for Emmanuel.

As he wandered, he kept an eye out on the blonde empath girl and the redheaded guy noticing that she seemed pleased with what she'd done to the other guy. Jake wondered exactly what she had done, and his curiosity started to get the better of him. Slowly he made his way over towards them, giving her a smile as he approached and ready to just walk past if she didn't seem friendly.
Back to top Go down
Erik
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby   Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby - Page 3 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 3:44 am

When Jake closed in to the blond-haired girl, he heard her say, "Wait, wait, so dad is the Black King of the Hellfire Circle and can absorb kinetic energy, yes? You are a member of Hellions and you can scream very loudly. Therese is I-don't-know-who, but she's a telepath who's protecting me? Just great!" She was annoyed. Really annoyed.

The red-head shook his head, trying to explain himself, "Quieter! Almost the whole Hellfire Circle is here, there's our father, there's Sin, there's Steed, there's Grisham, I think I saw Grey somewhere...Only Pryde's absent."

"You should have told me and not try to cover the truth! The truth I'd discover eventually anyway!"

"I wanted to, but dad was adamant that without you knowing, Therese would have an easier job. And how is it that you know anyway?"

"Dad started lying, so I told him to tell me the truth." She smiled innocently.

"Eh, Therese isn't around for one day and you've already acquires such information!"

"You know me. I always get what I want."

Last edited by Erik on Wed May 12, 2010 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby   Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby - Page 3 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 3:47 am

Jake listened curiously to the conversation. He had no idea what the Hellfire club was or any of these names that the girl was talking about, but he felt they must be important. Still, there was no sign or mention of Emmanuel, and it was starting to bug him.

This girl seemed to know a great many people, and so Jake approached them, focusing his attention on the girl. "Hello," he said, keeping his voice somewhat formal, "I'm so sorry to intrude. But I'm looking for a friend, his name is Emmanuel. Have you seen him by chance?"
Back to top Go down
Erik
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby   Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby - Page 3 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 3:51 am

She shook her head, "What do you want? I don't have time for... ohh," she looked at him and smiled in a clearly very seductive way. "Did you say Emmanuel? Emmanuel Sin? Are you another Hellion?" Her tone changed, she was now acusing him of something.

"No, he is not." The red-head chimed in.

"Then who are you? You know you want to tell me..." She smiled... and Jake felt her power on him! She was trying to overload his emotions and overwhelm him with a desire to tell her!
Back to top Go down
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby   Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby - Page 3 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 3:54 am

Jake shook his head, even as the redhead confirmed that Jake wasn't a Hellion.

"No, I'm not a.. a Hellion," he said. But then he felt her power pressing in on him, and he didn't want to let her affect him. He tried to fight her off, focusing his emotions in on himself to form a shield.

But he did give a little information, "My name is Jacob. And I'm just a friend of his. I haven't see him tonight though." He met the blonde's gaze, still not letting her into his head.

Health 1/2
Energy 15/15

Action 1 - 4 into Empathy + Int shifted to mental defense

Health 1/2
Energy 11/15
Defense 0
Mental defense 8 (Intelligence 2, Empathy 2, Empathy Action 4)
Useful modifiers: Empathic Awareness 1
Back to top Go down
Erik
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby   Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby - Page 3 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 9:56 am

The blonde perfection frowned, when her power was deflected by the shield Jake himself created. Her eyes were telling she was actually curious... what was going on. He still couldn't perceive or feel her emotions, but her face gave off so much. Her companion, however, chimed in once again, before she could say anything. "I'm Seth Sinclair." He extended his hand for a handshake, and then pointed at the girl, "This is my sister, Anastacia Sinclair and we would love to..."

"Stop it, Seth." Anastacia looked at her brother with a firm glance, "He's about our age, he's, as he's called it, a 'friend' of Emmanuel Sin, aka the White King, or the leader of the Hellions, so he's one of them, or perhaps some other mutant Mr. Sin's teaching. Of course, I'm pretty sure he is a mutant... a psychic perhaps. A telepath or an empath." Not only was she beautiful, she was also intelligent! Thanks to her logic - and her powers - she has gathered a few things together. "It still doesn't explain why he's looking for Mr. Sin, but if he is here... he had to be invited. It means that he has to have been invited by one of them, the Hellfire Circle members."

"Stacey, stop repeating those names! No one can hear them!" The redhead was nervous... and his voice got a lot louder.

"Look who's being loud right now, Seth." She commented her brother's comments. "So, Jacob..." she focused her gaze on him, looking at him with her green eyes, "you will tell me the truth." She stated, once again sending a wave of emotions. This time it was much more powerful, her artificial emotions were hitting his mental shields with so much strength now... that he almost gave up! Almost, because somehow he managed to repel it one more time.

Seth caught Anastacia by the wrist and pulled her back, whispering to her - loud enough that Jake heard it too, "Come, now, it's going to get real dangerous here." The boy's accent was slightly Irish.

"Aww, it hurts!" His sister protested.
Back to top Go down
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby   Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby - Page 3 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 11:54 am

Jake nodded to Anastacia and Seth as they introduced themselves, and he shook Seth's offered hand.

"Nice to meet you two," he said before listening to Anastacia. She seemed to have a lot of information and was rather free with it. Jake was glad for that, but he still didn't know what the White King was, or what the Hellfire Club or Hellions or whatever she was talking about were. Still, his kept his face straight and simply nodded.

She spoke again to him, trying to force her way into Jake's head, and he stared back at her defiantly, barely shaking her off. How dare she try to influence him like that?

"You didn't answer my question, though.. have you seen him around? It is rather important I speak with him soon," he said, still staring her in the eyes, then as Seth took Anastacia's wrist, he added, "And don't think you're going to affect me as easily as you do your.. brother?"

Health 1/2
Energy 14/15

Action 1 - 4 into Empathy + Int shifted to mental defense

Health 1/2
Energy 10/15
Defense 0
Mental defense 8 (Intelligence 2, Empathy 2, Empathy Action 4)
Back to top Go down
Erik
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby   Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby - Page 3 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 12:27 pm

Seth insisted and so, even when Anastacia was trying to break away from his grasp, he pushed her aside. The blond-haired girl looked at him angrily, but then, hearing Jake's words, glared at him, "How dare you accuse me of influencing my own brother!" She extended her power over Jake one more time, this time channeling her annoyance - at both her brother for pulling her away from whatever was about to happen, and the fellow empath. She failed to break through his mental shields, however, and simply sighed, "Mr. Sin's trained you well." She stated, letting her brother take her away. He added quickly, "You'd better move aside, too. I think you're going to find him in a moment..." He suggested and both made their way through the crowd. Jake could follow them, if he wanted... perhaps it was wise to listen to the boy? He seemed to know something none of them, his beautiful sister included, knew.
Back to top Go down
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby   Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby - Page 3 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 12:35 pm

Jake continued to match Anastacia's gaze, glad that he was able to hold her off. He felt annoyed that she tried to affect him like that, but equally intriguing was that she appeared to use her powers on his brother to decent effect? Or maybe that was just Jake's imagination. Either way, that was.. interesting.

Seth suggested moving aside, but didn't exactly say why, except that perhaps Emmanuel was coming? That was good.. Jake needed to manage to touch him. But the question was how, with so many people?

Jake slowly followed after the pair, his eyes scanning the room, and waiting and watching.
Back to top Go down
Erik
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby   Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby - Page 3 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 12:46 pm

Jake quickly followed the pair, as they moved through the crowd, trying to get away from that certain place they were in a moment ago as fast as they could. Or rather, Seth was pulling his sister with him, even against her wishes. Fortunately for the young mutant, they weren't moving as fast as they wished probably, because of all the people moving around...

And suddenly everything changed.

For worse.

Jake didn't really see what exactly was happening, but he noticed that a brown-haired girl (the one in the grey dress with long sleeves) fell on her knees and screamed in agony. He couldn't see more of her, because some people tried to approach her and...

A gigantic truck appeared in the room, hitting some of the guests and killing them instantly!

"Mortals." A powerful, almost demonic voice, yet still clearly woman's, could be easily heard. Jake looked from where it came and the girl he saw falling on knees doubled! She was still writhing in agony, but there was another her - this one looked far more dangerous however. She was clad in leather suit and looked around with a devilish grin on her face. Her whole body shivered, and she adressed the other 'her', "Don't defend yourself. You can't defeat me. I always win. Look..." she whispered and then screamed, "LOOK! Prepare to see death , because you'll be seeing her every day! I'll break you! And this is my first step..." She laughed demonically, as she waved her hands, creating knives, fireballs and wild animals! They appeared out of nowhere... and everywhere! The knives fell down from the ceiling, while the fireballs simply exploded, killing many of the rich men and women. The wild animals simply trampled the others, as the girl smiled. "Maestro! Play, something happy or I'll kill you."

Jake felt overwhelmed... this was too much! He wasn't used to feeling so much fear at once! Every single person was filled with it now! His head hurt... as he tried to keep himself from running away! No, he had to stay... and fight! Not run away like a coward!
Back to top Go down
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby   Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby - Page 3 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 12:59 pm

Jake followed after the pair, still curious. Also somewhat curious as to where the cute waiter had gone.

Then he saw the girl fall to her knees and Jake almost moved to go help her, but then he remembered where he was and stopped himself. He didn't want to cause a scene here.

But then everything crazy started happening. The demonic voice. The truck killing people. A demon. Really? A demon?!

Jake looked around in horror, blood and gore everywhere. Only the fact that he knew this was a memory helped keep him from freaking out. But in some ways that made it worse - that meant that this all really happened.

He looked towards Seth and Anastacia, ducking down to keep out of the way of any animals or flying weapons. "What the hell is going on?" he asked, "Where's Emmanuel? I have to find him!"

Health 1/2
Energy 15/15

Action 1 - 4 into CC + Agility to dodge

Health 1/2
Energy 11/15
Defense 4
Mental defense 4 (Intelligence 2, Empathy 2)
Back to top Go down
Erik
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby   Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby - Page 3 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 1:22 pm

Jake was surprised... and felt all the terror that the other guests felt and it was terrible, but he managed to hold it off for a moment, long enough to follow the pair. He saw Anastacia look in horror at the scene before her eyes, as she whispered something in shock to her brother and then broke from the grasp and turned on her heels and charged somewhere. "Daddy!" She screamed, hugging another redhaired man - a handsome man in his early forties, whose body was probably at least 80% muscles or so it seemed from a quick glance at him. He tried to calm her down... and then it struck the young mutant. He wasn't afraid... he was calm, though a bit nervous! "Why are you so calm?" Anastacia asked him suspicious... "...no... explain yourself right now! This is your doing?!" She accused him.

Jake tried to dodge all the flying weapons and fireballs, so he turned around to make sure he would be okay, just in time to notice that one of the knives were trying to get him! And suddenly it stopped! It simply stopped just as it was about to run him through! Then it fell to the ground and disappeared before his eyes. Was something protecting him?

The 'shadow boy' as Jake dubbed him in his thoughts tried to do something about all the gore mess, because he instantly jumped into the air and began waving his hands, trying to stop these things. This did nothing however to stop anything... and so he disappeared through the shadows and appeared in one place totally unaffected by the crazy demonic girl's power.

The place where two men stood. One was a black-skinned elegant man in his late thirties, dressed in a black suit with a red tie. The other being Emmanuel Sin himself. He looked even more georgously than normally, in this perfect white suit. They were watching the scene... The brown-haired boy appeared right before them and blasted the two with fire! Emmanuel, however, sensed it and surrounded himself and his friend with a telekinetic bubble. "Do you think you can do anything to me?" He asked rhetorically... but he couldn't predict that a draconic mutant would attack him from surprise! A man-dragon jumped at him and tried to rip apart his shield! His blows were strong... The shields did make it, but the young mutant was close. The Afro-American yelled at the beast, "Step aside, son!"

In a second, the two girls Jake had seen earlier were around Emmanuel and the other man. Emmanuel fell on his knees and whispered, "What... what... has happened..."

As if it was not enough, the pink-haired girl was called out by the cute Arab: "Alice!", but she suddenly screamed furiously, "Alice is gone. Now Overshadow is in charge!" and released a powerful telekinetic wave, pushing him away.
Back to top Go down
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby   Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby - Page 3 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 1:40 pm

So much seemed to be happening that Jake could hardly believe it all. He tried to stay out of the way while he watched what was happening. It was all so crazy!

He still wasn't sure what to do. He couldn't fight this. After all, he was an Empath, and barely a good one at that. He couldn't fight.. demons. And flying knives?

Speaking of, a knife flew right at him, he tried to dodge but he was too slow. Yet the knife just stopped, failing to reach him like someone was protecting him. But who? He looked around, but saw no one.

Anastacia was with her father, and Jake listened as they spoke. Was her father behind this? But.. why? A demon? It was just too much!

But then he saw Emmanuel, and saw Emmanuel get attacked, but deflect it. But more attacks came and Emmanuel was obviously getting weaker.

Jake took off running towards Emmanuel, trying to avoid things as they went.

He slowed down as he got closer, trying to stay away from the ones attacking Emmanuel. He crept up towards Emmanuel. "Emmanuel! I know you don't know me, but I can help. Trust me, I can," he said as he reached out towards Emmanuel, as close as the shield would let him if it was still there, "I know you can see I'm telling the truth if you try. Please, take my hand before its too late!"

Health 1/2
Energy 14/15

Action 1 - 4 into CC + Agility to defense still

Health 1/2
Energy 10/15
Defense 4
Back to top Go down
Erik
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby   Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby - Page 3 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 1:55 pm

The shadow boy moved through shadows once again, this time appearing right behind the black-skinned man... but before he could fully 'go out' of the shadow, the brown-haired girl jumped in and did a few amazing acrobatic stunts, using her momentum to send a few casino coins at the boy! And woah, they were as sharp as knives, because it cut right through his suit and injured him in three places. This gave Emmanuel's friend time to react as he turned around and waved his hand at the attacked... which couldn't move! He was stuck in the shadow, with his legs still in it However, the power controlling mutant lost his concentration... when a flock of black panthers appeared out of nowhere and tried to reach him and tear him apart! "Nooooooo!" He screamed and let the Lady of Nightmares out of his psi-grasp. She was free!

Smiling to herself, she looked at the draconic boy and... somehow changed him. He grew in size. A LOT! He was now at least 30 feet tall! His whole appearance changed. He looked about and breathed fire at some people, killing them instantly. The demonic entity's eyes widened as she looked at Anastacia. The empath was somehow... draining her! And weakening her influence and her power! How was it possible? She ordered her new pet to slay the girl at all cost... "Leave my daughter alone!" but her father jumped in and took the blow from the beast's spiky tail! It pierced his body and sent him flying through the wall! But his daughter was unharmed... if not for another attack from the gigantic dragon! This time the final blow was stopped by her own brother who screamed with enough power to actually destroy the whole building! "STEP AWAY FROM MY SISTER!!!" The shadow boy quickly appeared near Seth and said to him, "Let's make sure that this beast stays away from this virgin!"

Emmanuel didn't seem too happy about what was happening. He stood and looked at Jake, but declined, "I don't know you, boy... and it's not time for this! I have to do something about it! We have to save those people!" He yelled as he rose in the air and charged through the room, trying to reach the pink-haired girl before it was too late... She was already destroying the building with all her telekinetic might! She was ripping people apart by simple willing it! Jake's gaze focused on the cute Arabic boy he had noticed earlier... and when he saw him on his knees, crying from all the psychic pain the girl had caused him...
Back to top Go down
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby   Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby - Page 3 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 2:48 pm

Everything was crashing, people were dying, there was fire everywhere. But Jake had a purpose in mind. He just had to get to Emmanuel. But Emmanuel barely heard him, just dismissing him and taking off. Jake's hand was still outstretched towards him as he watched the guy fly off, and Jake's face fell. How could he touch him now?

Jake knew he was out of his league here, he couldn't face any of these.. things. Giant dragons. Strange men. Flying knives. Animals. Who was he? Just some football player.

Then he noticed the arabic boy, and Jake frowned. The kid wasn't moving and hardly seemed aware of what was happening. Jake quickly moved towards him, scooping him up easily in his arms while he ran towards the wall, trying to find a place that might be safe where he could set him down. As he moved, Jake tried to pour some emotions into the boy, Jake wasn't even sure what, he just wanted the boy calm downed, so a mix of calmness, trust and adoration filled the boy's mind.

Health 1/2
Energy 13/15

Action 1 - 4 into CC + Agility to defense
Action 2 - 4 into Empathy + Int to affect the boy

Health 1/2
Energy 5/15
Defense 4
Back to top Go down
Erik
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby   Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby - Page 3 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 2:59 pm

Jake took the Arabic boy away from the fighting and pour the emotions right into his mind, easing whatever had happened to him. The guy didn't look up, didn't do anything at all, still crying, his eyes half-closed and so emotionless... lifeless... The young empath didn't know that someone actually noticed his rescue. It was the pink-haired girl, who seemed to be possessed by some demon or other psychic entity. She looked at him and laughed, "You want to experience the same thing as he did? Well, let me show you then the whole new dimension of pain!" She waved her left hand, sending a powerful telekinetic blast at the boy! Not really knowing how to resist such force, Jake dodged out of its way and used a nearby table as a shield! The attack shattered his cover, but at least kept him safe! "Let us see how you stand this." The entity said, as Jake's mind was attacked mentally! He felt incredible pain, as his eyes closed, his whole body responding to the pain sent by whatever was in the girl's head. It was powerful, it broke through his shields easily... if it kept up any longer, it would probably kill him!

Anastacia in the meantime changed a bit. Her pink dress disappeared, replaced by white latex. She smiled viciously, as she challenged the Lady of the Nightmares. "Face someone of your kind!" And with that she somehow waved a psionic construct out of all the fear around her, warping the reality and creating a cage for the scary demonic girl! She tried to resist... and she did. She simply destroyed the trap and turned her attention towards the Sinclair girl. Smile and then a whole horde of rats appeared around Anastacia, going into her clothes and hair, scratching her and biting!

Jake's rescue of the Arab made him a target of the one who damaged the boy's mind! Alice's telekinetic attack didn't hit you, but the mental bolt did and you take 6 stun damage!
Back to top Go down
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby   Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby - Page 3 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 3:06 pm

Jake got the Arab, but it apparently got the attention of the pink haired girl attacking everyone. He barely dodged the blasted and the table he was behind was destroyed. But what he couldn't dodge was the pure mental force she sent next, and Jake felt the agony rip through him, sapping his energy. He cried out, falling briefly to his knees, still cradling the Arab boy.

Anastacia changed into some kinky latex outfit and started engaging the demonic woman, and Jake hoped the attack might be enough of a distraction to allow him to get the boy to safety and he took off running, looking for a place to hide him.

Health 1/2
Energy 2/15

Action 1 - 2 into Speed to carry the boy to safety

Health 1/2
Energy 0/15
Defense 4
Back to top Go down
Erik
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby   Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby - Page 3 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 3:22 pm

Jake darted off quickly, while the pink-haired girl still followed him, perhaps thinking this was fun? She locked her gaze on him and he almost felt her power on him... but no, she was stopped by an auburn-haired woman in a beauitful white dress who ran her through with a bastard sword made of swirling, golden energy! Jake's attacker screamed out, and it was enough of a distraction for Emmanuel to get into her head and set things right. The battle seemed to take place very quickly, because a moment later the girl was smiling as if nothing happened. "The Overshadow is defeated, but at the greatest cost. Your mutation... it's permanently blocked." explained Sin, but the girl didn't care. She was free of her troublesome powers! She tried to run away from all those things happening around her, especially that she didn't have her powers anymore.

In the meantime Anastacia faced the Lady of the Nightmares... and only Emmanuel's timely intervention managed her to shake off her attack! The rats disappeared as quickly as they appeared, when Emmanuel struck the demonic girl with a mental bolt. He seemed to be in connection with some other people, because everyone's attacks were so co-ordinated! The woman with a golden sword jumped at the nightmare girl and ran her through... but instead of hurting her, her body shook in convulsions as if shocked by electricity! She fell down, unconscious. "Jones!" Emmanuel screamed, and the brown-haired woman in her late thirties step up, putting a finger to her forehead. Emmanuel's gaze was on Anastacia as he entered her mind and did something to her. Her aura changed. Jake could feel her power. Her emotions were... out of every scale! He felt that awesome power as if a new goddess had just been born! She surrounded herself with a corona of flames as she smiled devilishly at her opponent.

"NO!" The Lady of the Nightmares screamed in... fear? "If I am to disappear, I'll take them with me! Die! Go to your hell!"

Anastacia's psychic flames were directed at the demonic girl, "Hell? I'll show you hell, bitch!" She yelled and with that last scream, she blasted her opponent into oblivion... not before she sent a wave of psychosomatic pain on everyone in the room! Only Emmanuel's, Martha's and Rain's united effort managed to keep the Lady of Nightmares out of everyone's heads! They managed to repel her, but some people fell unconscious from the effort. She screamed in pain, as her form was burnt to nothingness by Miss Sinclair' firestorm!

But only when the real Danielle, the girl in the dress with long sleeves, stood up and grabbed a sharp piece of glass and cut herself, the Lady disappeared. Finally. The battle was over...

Casulties were high however.

Last edited by Erik on Wed May 12, 2010 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby   Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby - Page 3 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 3:31 pm

Jake watched in awe as everything unfolded. He had barely gotten the boy to safety before the battle really heated up and then quickly was over. The pink haired girl was effectively shut down, and then the combined efforts of the mutants quickly took down the demonic woman.

But the amazing thing was what Anastacia had become. She was.. something else. Something powerful. Jake could almost feel the power call to him and he wanted a part of it. He still held the Arab boy in his arms as he started walking towards Anastacia and Emmanuel. Things were calmer now, but there were dead and unconscious people everywhere. Jake barely saw them, however, and was focused on the two beings. Anastacia who held power, so much power, and Jake wanted some.. and Emmanuel, who he knew he still had to touch to move forward.

Once he got closer, he gently set the boy down in a safe spot. "You'll be ok," he said softly, brushing back the boy's hair before standing up and looking towards Emmanuel and Anastacia, "What just happened here?"
Back to top Go down
Erik
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby   Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby - Page 3 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 3:47 pm

"We've defeated the... whatever she was." Anastacia stated and then, suddenly realized something. "DADDY! Oh my God, where's daddy! We have to..." She run off towards the destroyed wall of the building, in the direction her dad was thrown by the gigantic dragon. Emmanuel looked at everyone and sighed. He looked at Jake and squized his arm, "I..." and then everything was over. His body lost its tangibility, as his form changed and disappeared. Jake was even closer to his own goal. The scenery changed... and now he was in some kind of tropical forest, with trees everywhere. The adult Emmanuel was nearby, surrounded by some young mutants. A young (no more than 13 years old) blond-haired girl who spoke with a thick Russian accent, "Uhm, sir? Should I warp us a way through?" asked.

Another girl, this one was about the same age as Jake, chimed in, "Shut the fuck up! I'm trying to concentrate, goddamnit!" She swore, giving the scared Russian girl an angry look, "I ain't know what's goin' on with ya powers, but mine require concentration, you stupid cow."

"Marvel Girl, calm down." Emmanuel repremended the redhead. "Stay focused, concentrate to make out only those psionic waves we need. Magik," he nodded at the blonde, "try to warp this area... but be careful, they may be hidden and we don't want to expose ourselves. Gravity," he looked at a serious-looking brown-haired guy (who was probably the oldest from the whole group, looking 19), "keep the gravity shields up, just in case. Blob, " now Emmanuel's attention was on a massive boy... who was large and... woah, Jake had never seen such an obese person before! "cover Magik. Burst, be prepared to fire on my telepathic command." The last command was directed at a raven-haired teenager (16?), whose hands glowed with yellow light.
Back to top Go down

Issue #4 - Diamond and Ruby
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next